ICT Post#2 Japanese Film Festival 2013 @Bintulu

by - December 12, 2013

 The annually Japanese Film Festival 2013 was held in our school UPMKB
on last 7th and 8th December.
It is basically a Japanese themed festival that mainly about films.
On the 2 days festival, there a total of 7 films showed in out school hall.
Throughout the festival, there are many fun activities going around too !

Every admission to the films are free !
They even give you tickets for the movies.

 During the opening ceremony, there are some of my friends are
involved in the traditional Japanese dance.
All of them are super cute!
  

There was also some stall selling food and handicraft outside our school hall too.
Unfortunately I cant find any Japanese food there.
This is my lunch on the first day. 
a RM2.80 Nasi Lemak
and
RM1.00 nugget

After my lunch, I waited until 1.30pm with my friends because we cant wait to try out 
the Japanese traditional garment- Yukata 

 Well, not everyone got the chance to try out the outfit,
we had to draw to get the lucky paper only then we are able to pick which 
Yukata we would like to try on.
I got the lucky draw on my first try ;)

If not, the lady ( Mio Chan) who helped everyone to put on their Yukata will surely fainted.
 This is my trying out Yukata. Photo credit to the camerawoman- Christine Teh

Fact : Yukata (浴衣) which people always mistake as kimono, are usually only worn in summer and it is made of cotton. When both of these characteristic are negative, then it is probably a kimono。

and then we have Origami session with Miss Kiyoko.
This girl is Ana, the facilitator of this section.
Beside her is Maruan, a super genius little boy who was so expert in origami.

Kids nowadays are really unpredictable, they might be smarter than you !

 we also have some fun traditional toys to play with and sakura kirigami to try out.

Fact: Kirigami aka paper craft is different from Origami in the way that, kirigami involved in cutting the paper, while origami is just to fold the paper without cutting them.

 Photo Credit: Thanks to Kak Ayen , Kak Nadia, and Iman for the photos.
And special thanks to the Japanese facilitator who helped me to put on the clothes.

On the next day, I was so lucky and super excited that I got the chance
to try out the Japanese school uniform !!!
I am always dreaming in wearing those like the anime.
Finally I fulfilled my dream on that day :3

 We actually have variety of Japanese clothing to tryout.

 These uniforms are actually in real good quality.
The skirts have a special hook which I think it is common in Japan
And the blazer really makes me sweat!
These clothing materials are really good as you can feel it with you hands.
The texture is different.
 We also got the chance to become a volunteer in the Yukata Demonstration.
The slipper for the guys are really funny to look at.
I dont even know why.


This is me trying on the second uniform.
Photo credit : Thanks to Ana and Asha


Last but not least, the Onigiri ( rice ball) workshop.
Which is pretty fun other than the uniform trial.
You can actually make an Onigiri on your own and eat them.
We made Tuna filling Onigiri.
Makes me really wanna make more of them ~~~~



These were basically what I did in the festival.
Im really grateful that I joined this awesome festival to give a beautiful end for my 2013.
All I thought at first life in Bintulu would be super duper boring,
but these events proved that it is not.
2014 is coming, let's see what awaits us in the future.
Hoping for more fun activities !!!

You May Also Like

0 comments