DIY: HP Laptop Pokemon Cover

by - May 20, 2014

 So~ I just finished my first year of college in UPMKB and currently we are having a almost 3 months sem break !
Due to the excessive free time rotting at home, Im thinking of doing something that required more time to be done. I decided to give my dull new laptop a make-over. Else my sister been nagging on me that I dont love my new laptop that much, and my parents are afraid that I might scratch the surface of the laptop.

I took a few days to plan for the design, searching for illustrations and materials that are suitable for DIY cover, and of course to determine which theme suit you the best and you like it the most. Well of course, the ability of yours for completing your imagination is a crucial consideration too. If not, you might be giving up half way on your work and wasting your time and money.

Now I will be revealing the way I make my laptop cover.


1. Prepare your materials.
   :- your laptop,
    - your illustrations
 [ I drew and coloured the all Gens starters with macarons, credit to the owner of deviantart]
    - contact paper / self-stick book cover available in Malaysia Borders
    -your choice of gift wrapping papers [I am a blue maniac]
    -fabric tapes from Daiso
    -double sided tape
    -a pair of scissors



2. Layers of Contact Paper on your laptop surface
   Many of us would be afraid to damage our laptop surface by direct sticking on anything.
   So that is why we needed contact paper to provide transparent protection.

 This is how it looks like after 2 layers of contact paper


 3. Gift Wrapping Paper as cover's Background
   draw and cut according to your laptop's cover


4. Decorate your cover's background with fabric tapes.


Watch out for the mess you created LOL
I basically just ruined y whole living room while working on this.


 This is how it looks after sticking on all the tapes accordingly


 5. Stick your illustrations !
I drew my Pokemon on an A4 stickers and coloured them. Then, I stick them on a cereal's box then only cut them out to make them thicker and provide more texture on the cover.


I just stick them with double sided tape



6. Last layer of contact paper
Put another layer of contact paper on the completed cover.


 Till now, it basically just look and feel like a laptop cover in the market


 7. Stick it on your laptop!
Bash the generous amount of double sided tapes on your laptop after the contact paper, you wont hurt your laptop anymore~


Feel like something is missing although it is 99% done eh ?


8. Hemming gives the solid look and feel.
Use the leftover fabric tapes to stick at the side.
Now we are 100% DONE!


Feel free to DIY anything, you might get some unique surprise after you are done ;D

You May Also Like

0 comments