Handmade Teddy Bear

by - March 13, 2011

Howdy readers ! sry for disappearing for few week during the exam period !
My 1st term holiday has just started and I planned for some activities.
1st of all, I would like to talk about my 1st done activity :

Handmaking Teddy Bear

my youngest aunt is fantastic in making handmade stuff
I went to her house on Friday when I skipped my school
unexpectedly, I get 2 pieces of free polkadots cloths when I mentioned both of them were pretty
going through some homemade stuff making magazines
I discovered a pretty easy yet adorable handmade project

----------> Teddy Bear !

just at the moment I thought, hey ! can I make 1 bear using 1 of the cloths ?
Of course you can !

">
This is the real size print of the bear, draw them on your cloth with water soluble ink.
* Note : beware of double sided surface, dont draw in the same direction of 2 sides surface like me ! You have to sew them patching together!

 cut them out by leaving 1cm around them and sew them with machine or your hand.

when theres a curve shape of the surface, cut around the curve like the 1 in the picture, so that it can be fluffy when you turn it over.
*Note: remember to leave a hole for your cotton !
finish sewing and you can start insert some cotton according to your sense perhaps @@ dont too hard or too soft will do :D

saw and close the hole after finish inserting cotton


and you can start linking it limbs, body and head.

i
Its done after 2 days sewing ! :D its simple and fast with my sister's help and the sewing machine!

head band made with the same cloth!

 


Time to bath bath !

Actually, we need to wash the cloths before we sew it, to get rid of the ink @@
but, as im so obsessing wanted to see the result, who cares ? 
After finish sewing only wash la ! 

 Washing my Skinny Bear gently with hand
See the ink is started spreading out and dissolving into the water
Rinse and Drain the teddy and let it dry under big hot sun
but after that I realized, thats impossible to dry out the bear with so much excess water inside
so I decided to Drain it using the WASHING MACHINE 
sounds creepy? But if you dont do this, you might have to wait for a week for the bear to dry x.x
Trust me, the bear is washable with washing machine :D 

This was taken before wash la ;D
I realized i got gazillions of stuff with polkadots CONSEQUENCE ! they are cute right ?

I must admit that, this handmade bear is really simple and easy to make. 
Even a newbie who doesn't know how to tie a knot at the end of the thread like me is able to complete it with my sister's help :D
So anyone really interested to try out making this bear, whether its for yourself or your love one
you can buy some cloth, cotton, buttons or other necessary things from my sister or my aunt.
Sister's BLOG 
Aunt's BLOG

You May Also Like

2 comments